Sunday, June 15

sunday social: summer 4's

My phone's wallpaper is from Eine Kleine Design Studio

1. 4 favorite phone apps
  • Instagram (basically my journal these days)
  • Facebook Messenger (better than texting, I think)
  • Snapchat (my friends are ridiculous)
  • Pandora (love having streaming music everywhere)

2. 4 favorite Summer TV shows
  • So You Think You Can Dance - let's get this hot tamale train started.  I'm so ready for auditions to be over so I can pick some favorite dancers and start voting!
  • Master Chef - I loved the last two winners, Christine Ha and Luca Manfe, and I love that Master Chef is a show in which typically the mean, cutthroat contestants do not do well because teamwork is a requirement on most of the challenges.  It's nice to see Gordon Ramsay's softer side, and Joe and Graham, the other judges, are cool too.  The show inspires me to try more creative recipes during my summer break!
  • Night Shift - I was borderline obsessed with ER and Chicago Hope back in the day, and this new show reminds me of those.  Remember the season of ER where Carter was on drugs?  Night Shift is that crazy all the time.  It's about the emergency department at San Antonio Memorial, which is in danger of closing due to budget issues, and where a lot of the doctors have served in the military.  There is a LOT of drama, unusual medical issues like multiple personality disorder and a hunter getting his hand bitten off by a boar, and the characters are multifaceted.
  • Switched at Birth - Love me some ABC Family.

3. 4 things you would NEVER do
  • Bungee jump.  Nope nope nope.
  • Teach math.  I learned during my student teaching that I can't explain math.
  • Hot yoga.  I love yoga but that just sounds awful.
  • Wear a tube top.  My tube top days are over.

4. 4 items you carry with you no matter what
  • My glasses/sunglasses
  • My phone
  • Glucose tablets
  • A pen

5. 4 blogs we should follow
  • Unabashedly Me - Micah's one of my best friends in the blogging world.  Her lifestyle blog is funny, honest, and always interesting.
  • From L.A. to LA - Shoshanah is another great friend.  Hers is also a lifestyle blog and she just revealed some big news - she and "the boy" are expecting their first baby!
  • Oh Joy! - Pretty much my blogging idol.  Everything she posts is fun, colorful, and inspiring.
  • Rachel Held Evans - Rachel's book A Year of Biblical Womanhood is amazing and her blog makes me think.  She writes about all things controversial within the evangelical Christian community.  My favorite posts are her weekly round-ups of interesting links.
Sunday Social

2 comments: