Friday, February 7

My February Favorites

February Favorites

1. Simple Truth Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds from Kroger - My favorite snack in the whole world.  When I hit the dreaded 4:00 energy slump, I munch on a handful of these.  Almonds are a good source of protein, dark chocolate contains antioxidants, and these things are like a healthier, classier version of peanut M&Ms.

2. Green smoothies - I've finally hopped on board the green smoothie train and learned to use my blender properly to make them (liquid and greens, THEN frozen fruit).  My favorite recipe so far is Minimalist Baker's 5 Ingredient Detox Smoothie.

3. Lia Sophia Sugar Dusted earrings - They're modern, they're sparkly, and they go with everything.

4. Mossimo lace front sweater from Target - This sweater is super soft and comfy, the lace makes it feminine while still maintaining the "fancy sweatshirt" style, and it's pretty enough to wear to work.  THE PERFECT SWEATER.

5. Threshold pleated comforter set - When we upgraded to our king sized bed, I wanted to find bedding with a similar color scheme to what we already have so that we wouldn't have to redecorate our whole bedroom.  This set from Target reminded me of more expensive sets from West Elm and I love the deep plum color.

6. Thomas O'Brien sheet set - We found some of these super-soft sheets in a fun tribal print that looked really cool with our plum comforter.  I kind of feel like I live in a design magazine now.

7. Memoirs - I've finally caught the nonfiction bug.  Funny, essay-style memoirs of living people are a lot more fun than the stuffy biographies we had to read in school.  You can read my reviews of Bossypants, A Year of Biblical Womanhood, and Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me in my January entertainment post.

8. O.P.I. "Lucky Lucky Lavender" nail polish - I love anything purple, and this shade is a slightly muted version of 2014's Pantone Color of the Year, Radiant Orchid.  I will be rocking this lavender in every season of the year.


What are you loving this month?

Lip Gloss & Lunges

Style Elixir

1 comment:

  1. Love the lavender comforter and polish!
    And I very much enjoyed Bossypants, more than I ever thought I would!
    morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete