Friday, December 20

Simple Holiday Dessert Recipe: No Bake White Chocolate Covered Ritz Peanut Butter Cookies! [#12DC + Christmas is in the Air]

We all know tis' the season of sugar - What's your favorite holiday dessert?

One of my family's holiday traditions growing up was always going to my paternal grandparents' home every Christmas day.  My parents and my aunts and uncles all did the Santa thing on Christmas Eve, and we grandkids brought one favorite toy to play with (and show off) at the family party.  There was always a HUGE spread for dinner - my Mamaw would spend all day cooking and my mom and all my aunts would bring a dish.  My aunt Ann brought these simple but amazing desserts one year and they became a go-to of mine in college when I brought them to a progressive dinner and all the boys in my fellowship asked me to marry them.  Anyone who doesn't believe that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach is probably not a Baptist.

These are perfect when you need a dessert to take to a party or potluck and don't have time to turn on the oven.  The best part?  They aren't holiday-specific, so you could make them for any get-together you need a low-maintenance dessert for.



You will need:
  • A box of Ritz crackers (or knockoff Ritz crackers) - 32 crackers for 16 cookies
  • Your favorite peanut butter
  • White chocolate chips (12 oz. made about 16 cookies for me) 
  • The decorations of your choice


First, make your sandwiches by spreading peanut butter on Ritz crackers and smushing them together.

If you have a double boiler, you should use that to melt the chocolate.  I rig up the contraption you see above using a saucepan and an Anchor Hocking casserole dish and use medium heat to melt the chocolate, 12 oz. at a time.  A bowl in the microwave also works in a pinch, but there is a higher likelihood of the chocolate burning with that method.

Burnt white chocolate ain't pretty.


I wanted to make some with Nutella, but someone has eaten almost all of our Nutella.  Straight out of the jar.  With a spoon.  And that someone writes this blog.

I packaged a few cookies for my coworkers in some cute cellophane bags I found at A.C. Moore.  Did you know that the Teacher of the Year is actually chosen by the other teachers, not by the students?  I think this is my year.


I used PicMonkey to edit these photos and add text and it was so easy to do - and PicMonkey is offering free trials of their Royale version this month!  Click here for a free day of PicMonkey Royale!

What's your go-to holiday dessert?

LINKING UP WITH:

 photo linkup13001_zpsd63590aa.jpg



Savvy Southern Style

All Things Thursday Link Party



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these look so good. I especially love that they are no bake. Seems so simple. Thanks for hanging out with me and Bekah this past month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try them Aleshea, they are so easy and yummy! Just ration them out because otherwise you might eat 10 in one sitting and that much white chocolate and peanut butter is probably not wise.

      Thanks so much to you and Bekah for hosting the link-up! It kept me inspired to write this month.

      Delete
  2. I bet the salt and sweet and dreamy together and what I like about this recipe is the kids could help. It's not complicated. I found you via 12:08 link party. :) Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really tasty and simple to make! You could have kids making the peanut butter sandwiches while you do the dipping in hot chocolate... and I'm sure kids would have lots of fun putting sprinkles on top!

      Delete