Saturday, April 23

One and Only [My Dress]




MR. SPIN, DO NOT DARE GO ANY FURTHER INTO THIS POST. ENJOY THE PRETTY MUSIC AND MOVE ON.

EVERYONE ELSE: RIGHT THIS WAY...

My dress, Casablanca 1827... my mom is also in the picture :)

I was a big dork and wore my pearls and curled my hair to try on the dress... I wanted to get a better idea of what it will look like on my wedding day! Really cool: one of my students was at the bridal store trying on bridesmaids' dresses for her big sister's wedding, so she will hold the honor of Only Student to See Ms. B in Wedding Attire. She was so excited. She said she wants to wear my dress when she gets married, so I told her I will hold on to it :)

This dress is nothing like the mental picture I had of "my wedding dress" before I went shopping. I didn't want a strapless dress, I didn't think I liked lace. I was picturing something very simple. This dress is not simple. It's got pearls and clear beads and silver threads and lace. But it is so, so beautiful and I knew it was mine because the first time I put it on I didn't want to take it off again. I felt that way again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment