Tuesday, April 26

Carnival Engagement Inspiration

In typical Spinningstars fashion, the mister and I have thrown together a last-minute engagement session. You see, my town's Dogwood Festival is this week, and with that festival comes a carnival. I drove past the lot where they were setting up the rides today, and that familiar wedding lightbulb clicked on in my head. Back at home, I Googled "carnival engagement" and "fair engagement" and found TONS of awesome inspiration pictures.

Then I got a call from Mr. Spin "I talked to our photographer today, and she can do tomorrow evening, Thursday evening or Sunday morning."

To get the best effect of the colors and lights of the carnival, we'll need to shoot in the evening. Thursday night I have a meeting with my makeup artist (remember, this is Spring-Break-knock-out-wedding-related-tasks-week!). So tomorrow it is!

Here are some of my favorite carnival-style e-pics from the wedding blogosphere:





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your engagement shoot location!! I have never done a shoot at a fair/carnival... Darn it! Now it is on my priority list. lol I don't see any updates on here...?? How did it go? When can I see some... lol :) Nice to meet you btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara! I haven't seen any proofs yet but as soon as I do I hope to post some previews... both my photographer and FI (who is a freelance photog himself!) are doing some editing work on them. Meanwhile I am dying of suspense!

    ReplyDelete