Saturday, April 16

Guestbook Options

There are so many options for couples who want to give guests the opportunity to leave wishes for them on the big day!

1. Photo mat or gallery wrap- I've seen several of these at real weddings. My friend K had her photographer print one of their engagement pictures onto a canvas gallery wrap for everyone to sign with a metallic pen. I like the more traditional version, the signing mat, because it can be used to display a wedding-day photo in the home later on. This one from Exclusively Weddings has lots of signing space and you can get an engraved plaque to attach to the frame. It's elegant, yet still more unique than a traditional guestbook.

2. Wish box/vase
But what if the guests want to leave more than just their signatures? I got really excited when I saw a Weddingbee post about the Anniversary Box and began thinking about ways to incorporate something similar into our wedding.


I like this monogrammed vase from Invitations by Dawn; it's 28.95. The vase is 8 3/4" tall. This would be a nice way for guests to leave a wish, and the vase would look nice on display in the home.


Finally, I had a burst of inspiration! While searching for a card box, I kept coming back to the Antique Style birdcages at Save On Crafts, but I'd been questioning the value of the purchase because I didn't know what I would do with the smaller birdcage. Here's my plan: as shown in this picture, I'm going to use the larger cage as a card box, and use the same rubber stamps I'm using on our table numbers to decorate some "wish cards" for the smaller cage. I may paint the cages either black or ivory to match our other decor items...

I am looking forward to working on some DIY projects over spring break next week, and can't wait to share the process and the results with y'all. I am so appreciative of the community I've found via the wedding blogosphere, Weddingbee boards, and weddingplans community on Livejournal- it's so nice to be able to commiserate with ladies who are going through the joy and stress of wedding planning as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment