Friday, February 26

#5FandomFriday: What's In My Purse

5 Fandom Friday is a weekly prompt challenge hosted by The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space ChickThis week's #5FandomFriday topic is "What's In My Purse." Sadly, I don't have anything really geeky that I carry around (though I always seem to have a puzzle or some sort of squishy ball that I keep on hand for especially distracted students, and this week it's a Rubik's Cube!). Here are the 5 items I legally shouldn't be allowed to leave the house without.


1. Portable planner - I've recently gotten fascinated the world of bullet journaling and planner decorating thanks to Tumblr and Pinterest, and hope to start a fancy new journal soon, but in my own life I'm still using 2 premade planners: a big one that stays open on my desk at school, and this purse-sized version that matches perfectly, used to keep track of blog stuff and appointments. They are made by a company called Blue Sky and I always find them at Wal-Mart during back-to-school season (As a teacher, I operate on an August-July calendar).

2. Wallet - I feel like the switch from a Vera Bradley change purse to a big ol' checkbook-sized wallet was a sign of adulthood. I have three wallets this size that also make good night-out clutches in a pinch. This one is Jessica Simpson from TJ Maxx and holds Very Important Things like my library card.

3. SNACK! - Since I found out I was pre-diabetic, I've been trying to eat small meals throughout the day instead of three big meals. If I don't eat a snack during my planning period work and again between lunch and dinner, I become HANGRY.

4. Anxiety meds - Just being totally honest here. Thank you, anxiety meds, for helping me get my life back on track. I don't need you very often anymore, but I like knowing you are there.

5. Sunglasses - I'm a wimp who can't stand the idea of poking my eyes every day to put in contacts, so I have to switch glasses every time I go from indoors to outdoors. Since I have to wear sunglasses for driving and outdoor activities, I make sure mine are cute but also classic enough to be in style for several years since prescription lenses are expensive. My current pair are Ray-Bans called "Jackie Ohh" and I love that the color of the frames fades from brown to purple.

4 comments:

  1. I love planners and I bullet journal too! I'm not a big decorator yet, but I've gone through a huge ringed planner phase and landed smack in the middle of traveler's notebooks this past 6 months. It can be surprisingly addicting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ordered my first Leuchtturm 1917 notebook and I haven't taken the plastic wrap off because I want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I get started. I'm practicing with some grid notebooks from the Recollections planner line from Michaels.

      Delete
  2. Yes I can't live without my planner either

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very helpful suggestions that help in the optimizing topic,Thanks for your sharing.

    ดูหนังฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete