Tuesday, September 18

fall color: lilac and rose for a ballerina with edge

Next stop on our tour of colors you'll be seeing everywhere this season:  lilac and rose, or, if you want to get technical and use their Pantone names, "Dusty Lilac" and "Rose Smoke."  Even though they look like traditional spring colors, they're making their fall debut paired with metallics and neutrals.  I've thrown in a little rose gold, starfish and mushroom for good measure to keep the pink from being too precious.  These colors are great because they look good on just about every woman regardless of her complexion and hair color!  
1. LOFT pleated neck tee in pink lilac  2. American Eagle wishbone trio earrings  3.  Essie nail polishes in Don't Sweater It and Lady Like  4. Makeup inspiration from Peter Som runway via Harper's Bazaar  5.  LOFT strappy metallic sandals  6. Old Navy dark red ikat scarf  7. ZOYA nail polish in Shay  8. LOFT python skinny belt  9. LOFT rose watch  10. American Eagle rose beaded hoops

Keep reading for inspiration on how to work lilac and rose into your outfits!



Indulgy via Misguided Models

This runway look would adapt easily to real-people fashion with a camel pencil skirt in place of the shorts for work.  I think a rose blazer is a solid choice for fall.


Rosie Huntington-Whitely.  So adorable, even coming out of the airport or the mall or the hotel or wherever.  Why don't I look that put-together when I leave the house on the weekends?  Again with the rose blazer, and her scarf is perfect.

Dior Fall 2012 Runway via Glamour

While running around town dressed like you just came from a ballet performance might raise some eyebrows, the colors and textures in this runway look are fantastic.  I wish I'd dressed this fashionably in my ballerina years.  I love the look of flowy skirts paired with chunky sweaters.

Muted rose and lilac shades will definitely be hanging around for spring, if this month's runway shows are any indication...

BCBG Max Azria Spring 2013 Runway at NYFW

I love the lace details on this outfit - I expect to see this style and color palette trickle down to mainstream retailers in t-shirts and dresses.  I'd also like to try my hand at this DIY lace-embellished tee from Sweet Verbena (requires a sewing machine).

Will you be working lilac and rose into your fall wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment