Thursday, February 24

Favorite Instrumental Music - Folk/Heritage

- Carolan's Welcome by Turlough O'Carolan
Mr. Spin's ancestors were Irish, and I studied abroad there in college, so it would be nice to incorporate our Irish ties into our wedding. This would be nice prelude music, I think.


- Appalachia Waltz by Mark O'Connor, Yo-Yo Ma, and Edgar Meyer

A lovely piece that would be fitting for the prelude or for an interlude in the ceremony.

- Butterfly's Day Out by Yo-Yo Ma and Joshua Bell

I can picture bridesmaids and the flower girl coming down the aisle to this piece.

- Simple Gifts - traditional Quaker hymn

"Simple Gifts" is my favorite hymn, and I think it sounds best when arranged for strings. I even tried to make one of my college roomies learn to play it on her mandolin just so I could hear it whenever I wanted :) It would make my heart happy to include it in my wedding ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment