Tuesday, February 22

David Tutera @ Jo-Ann Fabrics

I am a frequent customer at all of our local arts and crafts supply stores: Michael's, A.C. Moore, Jo-Ann Fabrics, the craft sections of Wal-Mart, Target, and K-Mart... all nice in their own ways, all convenient to different shopping areas in town if I feel the need to grab a few scrapbooking supplies, spools of ribbon, or rubber stamps while I'm out. Which, if you know me, you know is at least once a month. I loves me some crafts.

Last week, I received an e-mail that bumped Jo-Ann up a few notches, despite the fact that our local store has moved and the new Jo-Ann won't open until April.

Jo-Ann has new line of products designed by wedding planner David Tutera. I kind of became addicted to David's amazingness due to a habit of watching We's My Fair Wedding on Sunday evenings- at first, it was to make fun of the crazy brides. That's what I told myself. Over time, my purpose for watching the show transformed- I was doing way less mocking and way more mental note-taking. David knows how to "make it work," to quote another favorite tv style guru, even if "it" is a Wizard of Oz, pirate, or "bling-blau" themed wedding.


My favorite item from the collection is the cream birdcage veil. A stylish veil for 14.99! Pair it with a flower or feather fascinator and it would be practically indistinguishable from haute couture.

p.s. I am loving the slightly retro hair and makeup of the model in the picture!  I love seeing a birdcage veil paired with long hair.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I love the laser cut cupcake wrappers!

    ReplyDelete