Friday, March 16

31 Weeks

I added some new questions this week from a survey I found on a Babycenter message board.

My son's shoe collection is already cuter than mine.


How far along? 31 Weeks

Favorite maternity clothes this week: Not clothes, but shoes - my Crocs Kadees. I know some people absolutely loathe Crocs, but these have been a go-to throughout my teaching career and I appreciate them even more now that I'm very pregnant and my feet start hurting halfway through the day in other shoes.

Major pregnancy symptoms: This was a rough week. I started feeling just generally bad Saturday night, and Sunday ended up probably being the hardest day of pregnancy so far. I was having back pain that made it difficult to stand up straight, round ligament pain that made it hurt to walk, and abdominal pains that made it hurt to lie in certain positions, so I couldn't get comfortable at all. I spent most of the day in bed and learned very quickly that if I end up being put on bed rest I will probably go insane. Then, on Wednesday (our first full school day of the week after snow), I got very dizzy after standing in a friend's office talking for about 15 minutes, and ended up with both school nurses fussing over me and ordering me to call my OB/GYN's office. Though my pulse had been faint, my blood pressure was normal, and my OB nurse thought my blood sugar was probably the issue - she recommended that I add more protein to my breakfasts and drink at least a gallon of water daily.

Best moment this week: This one's a tie between the unexpected snow day on Monday, which felt like the universe giving me my Sunday back, and spending Friday night with Mr. Q putting together the first pieces of nursery furniture (rocking chair, glider, and storage cubes) - it's so exciting to work on our little one's room. I'm also really excited for and looking forward to this weekend - I'm going wedding dress shopping with my sister-in-law's girlfriend (now fiancée) on Saturday and my baby shower is on Sunday.

Food cravings: Hot dogs (Mr. Q found some with no nitrates!) and crunchy Cheetos.

Have you picked out names?: I've narrowed my list down to three contenders, but Mr. Q and I have yet to have the big name discussion.

Planning for a home or hospital birth?: Hospital - actually the same one where I was born!

Planning for a natural or medicated birth?: I want to have as natural a birth as I can withstand. I am open to medical interventions and pain medications if needed. I'd really like to avoid an epidural because I want to be able to walk and move around, especially after learning about laboring positions in this week's Prepared Childbirth class.

Who will be in the delivery room with you?: Mr. Q and my mom.

2 comments:

  1. I think the people who hate on Crocs have never worn them. They may be kind of ugly, but they are some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got addicted to Crocs when working at summer camp! They have so many cute styles now that don't look like the original gardening clog everyone loves to hate.

      Delete