Friday, January 16

style challenge: the coziest dress


The lovely Audrey over at Putting Me Together has come up with an awesome idea for a style challenge to help us all get back to basics and work our closets.  One of my goals for this year is to continue streamlining my wardrobe by getting rid of worn-out and ill-fitting pieces and investing in classic pieces.  This week's challenge is a basic one: wear a dress!

Old Navy fleece dress | Target v-neck cardigan | Merona riding boots

It sounds simple, but would I have worn a dress this week (the temperature in Virginia is in the thirties and below this week) without the challenge?  Probably not - can you tell how cold and dark it is when I get home from work from this picture?  Here's the Old Navy fleece dress I featured in this month's favorite things.  It really is extremely comfortable!  I paired it with a skinny belt, tights, my mustard cardigan, and my Target Kasia riding boots. My locket was a gift from my sister-in-law.  This outfit makes me feel really trendy and ladylike while also keeping me super cozy!

Do you wear dresses in the winter?

Also Linking Up With:
Friday's Fab Favorites at Style Elixir
The Skirtista Diaries at Rhea Et Cetera
I Feel Pretty at Get Your Pretty On
Fashion Link Up at Lisa a la Mode

1 comment: