Thursday, September 12

ideas for a jane austen inspired garden wedding

One of my inspirations while planning my wedding was the Regency era and Jane Austen - the mantel at the War Memorial seemed like something out of the Bennet's parlor to me.  I tried to incorporate the era's sensibilities in simple ways - classic garden-inspired florals, flowing bridesmaids dresses, and a favorite page from Emma as one of my table numbers.  Lately I've been noticing romantic touches and loving the idea of a garden wedding inspired by Jane, the Regency period, and classic elegance.


Ribbon sashes: invitation from Stone Crandall Photography via Snippet and Ink


Black and white:  groom's attire from Wedding Chicks, guest book from Crafty Pie Press


Elegant bridesmaids from Mi Belle Photography via Style Me Pretty




Garden bouquets from EPLove via Green Wedding Shoes and Caroline Tran via Santa Barbara Chic

“She was one of those, who, having 
once begun, would be always in love.” 
― Jane Austen, Emma


Chalkboard program from Angela Cox via Southern Weddings


Outdoor ceremony from Grise Photography via Elizabeth Anne Designs


Programs from Harrison Studio via Ruffled



“Let us never underestimate the power 
of a well-written letter.” 
― Jane Austen, Persuasion


Tented garden reception from Paper Antler via Style Me Pretty

“In vain have I struggled. It will not do. 
My feelings will not be repressed. You 
must allow me to tell you how ardently 
I admire and love you.” 
― Jane Austen, Pride And Prejudice

2 comments:

  1. I love this one! My favorite image though has to be the two books used as a ring pillow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wish I'd seen that one before my wedding!

      Delete