Friday, January 11

wedding blog spotlight: Southern Weddings

Over winter break, my best friend (and maid of honor from my wedding), Breeze, got engaged!  My Christmas present for her this year was my two absolute favorite wedding planning magazines:  Real Simple Weddings and Southern Weddings.  I like that Real Simple Weddings breaks every step of wedding planning into a step-by-step timeline and section, and I love that Southern Weddings is full of eye candy!


Southern Weddings is one of my favorite wedding planning magazines and blogs because it delivers on its title.  Every issue (and blog post) includes more cowgirl boots, Mason jars, monograms, cornhole boards, peaches, and biscuits than you can shake a stick at.


Lara Casey, the editor-in-chief of Southern Weddings, is a whirlwind who wears many hats.  In addition to being an editor she works with wedding professionals to grow their brands, started the Making Things Happen movement, and is a mama!  On her SW About Us page, she says she started Southern Weddings because, "I always wanted a place to showcase what fired me up... and to show Southern brides that there was more to telling their unique love story than tulle and stuffed chicken." 



My favorite Southern Weddings features are Southern Spotting, Southern Delicacy, and Southern Stems.  I love the personal tone the writers use and how much research they do to make sure every post is true to the concept of a modern wedding with Southern roots and traditions - not a tribute to Steel Magnolias.


What are your favorite wedding blogs to visit?

3 comments:

  1. I love magazines, especially wedding ones! I'm sure she loved it! Love the blog! Come follow along at: wideospaces.blogspot.com
    Have a great Friday!
    XO Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke! Our bridesmaid "look" for Breeze's wedding is actually going to look really similar to the Southern Weddings cover but with navy blue dresses instead of yellow.

      Delete
  2. I nominated you for the Liebster Awards! http://southernbeautyguide.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete