Thursday, August 2

you are my sunshine... [10 question survey]

My sweet friend Micah from Unabashedly Me (whom you should remember from her guest post last week!) has passed on the Sunshine Blogger Award to me!



Rules of Engagement:
  1. Include the award log either in your acceptance post or somewhere on your blog. 
  2. Answer 10 questions about yourself. 
  3. Pass the award on to 10-12 other deserving bloggers.
  4. Add a link on your post to all of the talented winners and comment on their page to let them know they've been deemed amazing. 
  5. Thank the brilliant soul that recognized your talent and bestowed this wonderful award on you...and of course link back to them as well. 
Let's get to the questions ...

1. What would you most like to change about yourself? 

I would love to show my depression and anxiety the door and have them never return.

2. What is your theme song? 
Bob Dylan's "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right" always cheers me up, which is strange because it's kind of a heartbreaking song - but it was given to me as a friend as a "do what your heart tells you to do" anthem.  My favorite version right now is Susan Tedeschi's cover; there are many.

3. One part of your life, a memory, action, etc. that you wish you could surgically remove from your brain? 
I wish I could say non, je ne regrette rien.  But I can't.  I wouldn't Eternal Sunshine a whole person out of my brain, but I'd cut out being broken up with via e-mail in college.

4. What generation do you wish you had been a part of?
I am a little obsessed with the 1960's - it's when my parents grew up, and I'm fascinated by the Civil Rights Movement and protest culture.  I teach a unit on the 1960's almost every year in my classroom.  I think I'm just discovering what issues I feel strong enough about to fight the way people did every day back then.  And the music was amazing, of course.

5. What was your favorite childhood toy? 
I went through a big My Little Ponies phase, but overall it was Barbies.  I think I had 70 of them, a whole suitcase of clothes, a Jeep, a race car, and a house that was a hand-me-down.  I also loved my little chalkboard and played school with my dolls almost every day - shades of what was to come.


6. What is your favorite housecleaning chore?

Sometimes I feel like doing the dishes by hand is kind of therapeutic.  I also feel really good about myself when I remember to make the bed in the morning rather than right before bed at night :)

7. Do you Twitter?
I do when I'm in the mood - @heatherbquinn.

8. Any goals?
I wish this question was a little more specific- I have goals in every aspect of my life!  I'd like to buy land and a house within the next five years.  I'd like to complete a novel for children.  I'd like my students to be even more successful this year than mine last year were.

9. Do you really drink margaritas all the time?
I feel like this question was meant for a specific person, and it wasn't me.  I don't like tequila.  Can we change this question to something like, what's your favorite thing to do when you're out with your girlfriends?  Because the answer would be PEDICURES THEN SUSHI FOR DINNER.

10. What is the ugliest car you've ever driven and were embarrassed to be seen in? 
I've had to drive my mom's car a few times; it screams MOM CAR to me and the engine has been known to stall out going uphill, which is more frightening than embarrassing but there you have it.

I nominate the following people as my Sunshine Bloggers:
1. Whitney from Along the Lines of Style
2. Shoshanah from From L.A. to LA
3. Lauren of Gourmet Veggie Mama
4. Nicole from Life With the Beverlys
5. Bec at Little Lucy Lu
6. Gloria of Potentially Beautiful
7. Ginger of Literally Inspired
8. Annie from What She Saw
9. Jules from Pancakes & French Fries
10. Kristen from Ella Claire

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination, Heather! You are such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me! I try my best to actually remember to complete, but I'm notorious for letting months go by before actually answering these. But I promise it'll happen eventually!

    ReplyDelete