Sunday, May 12

sunday social: past and future


Sunday Social

This week's Sunday Social questions are all about where I've been and where I'm going.  It's hard to predict where I'll be in the future!

1. 1 year ago I was doing ….

Making Mother's Day dinner for my mom and mother-in-law with Mr. Q and my SIL.

2. 5 years ago I was doing ….



Getting ready to graduate from college with my Master's Degree in Teaching and prepping for job interviews.  And I got this guy...



3. 10 years ago I was doing….

Getting ready to graduate from high school... May meant prom (which was kind of horrible, but I did win a coffee pot at the after prom party), breaking up with my first boyfriend (due to his awful behavior at prom), dance recital (including our Dirty Dancing piece and my senior lyrical solo to "Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman), publishing the literary magazine, Senior Dinner at my magnet school, senior picture and skip day at my home school, traveling to UVa to present my science project at the state level (where I broke out in hives), and Baccalaureate. I can't believe my ten year reunion is this year! 

4. 1 year from now I'll be doing…

Saving up for my 30th birthday trip to London with my bestie Seatlee.

5. 5 years from now I'll be doing….

I would like to be working on an MFA in Creative Writing - I need to start giving myself time to build a portfolio of writing samples.  Hopefully at that time I will be starting a family with Mr. Q in our own house, on our own land.

6. 10 years from now I'll be doing…

Working on a Doctorate to become a Professor of Education at a Virginia college or university.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I'm trying not to lose sight of my goal :)

      Delete