Saturday, September 10

Our Wedding: I whip my hair (into shape)

I wish I could say that I had all DIY projects finished a week before the wedding.  Nope, I was still working the morning of.  I got up early to wrap ribbons around the handles of our bouquets.  There may have been some other last-minute projects, but if there were I have blocked them out.  Once we had eaten breakfast and showered, BM Philly and I threw some Tom Petty into my car's CD player and hit the road.



Roanokers reading these posts know that this is a magical box.  And this is what greeted us when BM Philly and I got to Salon 7 to get beautified...


Blue Collar Joe's doughnuts!  Seriously, they are heaven.  Dense, cakey goodness.  I had a red velvet to start the day...

And my sweet mama, who'd already gotten her hair poufed to Southern perfection (the bigger the hair, the closer to Heaven, ladies), was kind enough to go next door to Pete's Deli (also one of my favorite 'Noke spots) to get me a cup of coffee.  Either that or she was tired of watching me yawn like a velociraptor.

 Brittney had gotten to the salon early, because her hair is fine and silky and does not want to be curly.  She had already gone from looking like this...

 To looking like this when we arrived.  She was sitting under there for a looooong time, and got to read three whole magazines.  Feel free to ask her about fall trends, dating advice, and the male anatomy.

 BM Philly's beautiful blonde (yep, that's her real born-this-way color) transformed from soft and straight...

 To a shiny cascade of ringlets!

Finally, it was my turn.  Our stylist (Breeze's aunt Sissy!) took my hair from wavy to a curly, Mrs. Earrings inspired half-updo, trimmed with hydrangea hairpins I'd purchased last minute from Anna Panik on Etsy.  They made it to Roanoke from Israel with really impressive speed and were just what I needed to feel bridal that morning.

Sissy said I was one of the calmest brides she'd ever seen.  Philly and I had to hightail it to the War Memorial to start setting up before the photographer and the boys arrived...

Finally, Breeze got to get out from under the hairdryer, and her hair was perfect!

All photos in this post by myself and Aunt Sissy!

1 comment: